In my game of spoons, there is a slight twist on the original but, believe me, it is 10x better. This version adds excitement to the classic spoons game. Spoons drinking game is a fun card game that is all about speed. The Spoons game is simple to learn and play, and the objective is to collect a spoon by making a four-of-a-kind combination using the cards in your hand. The last person who fails to grab a spoon is the loser.
Table of Contents
Alcohol makes this fast-paced card game the ideal way to get Drunk and Wavy extremely quickly!
Requirements to Play Spoons Drinking Game and the Setup
- A deck of cards
- Alcoholic beverages of your choice
- Spoons (if you have three players, you need 2 spoons, if you have six players you need 5, etc.)
- Number of players – two players to play but I would recommend five or six
- A Dealer- each time a spoon is picked up a new player is nominated to be the “pass dealer” and it is their job every 3 seconds to shout “pass”.
Spoons Drinking Game Rules
For best results, minimize pauses and hesitation and play spoons quickly. The goal of the game is to get four of a kind. If 6 players or fewer are playing please take the face cards (Ace, King, Queen, Jacks) out of the deck and place them to one side.
To add an extra twist and make this game amazing, you can hide all the spoons somewhere in the room or area you are playing. This makes the game extremely funny and exciting as players have to scamper around in the hope of finding a spoon.
The gameplay is very straightforward:
- Before the game starts the drink is allocated to the loser, this is done by every player putting a bit of their alcohol into a pint glass (this can be as much as the person wants to be) and placed in the middle of the table.
- All the cards are dealt in a clockwise fashion
- Every 3 seconds the dealer shouts “pass” and one card is passed from every player clockwise
- This is continued until every person apart from 1 has completed a four of a kind and then each player has to race to grab a spoon before the other players
- The person left without a spoon now has to consume the pint… Goodluck
Playing Spoons is more enjoyable with waterproof cards. There is nothing worse than trying to play a fast-paced game with soggy cards.
Find my favorite waterproof cards here!
Other Fun Card Drinking Games Similar to Spoons Drinking Game
Ride the Bus:
In this game, players take turns drawing cards and guessing whether the next card will be higher or lower. Each incorrect guess results in the player taking a drink. The game ends with a “ride the bus” round where the player with the most incorrect guesses must take a shot.
In this game, a pyramid of cards is dealt face down on the table. Players take turns flipping over two cards at a time. If the cards add up to 10, the player can make another player drink. If the cards match, the player can make everyone else drink. The game ends when all cards have been flipped over.
Fuck the Dealer:
In this fun game, one player is designated as the dealer and the other players take turns guessing the value of the top card in the deck. If the player guesses incorrectly, they must take a sip. If the player guesses correctly, the dealer must take a drink. The dealer changes after each round.
High or Low:
In this fast pace game, the dealer deals a card face up and the next player must guess whether the next card will be higher or lower. If the player guesses incorrectly, they must take a sip. If the player guesses correctly, the dealer must take a drink. The game continues until the whole deck is depleted.
Red or Black:
In this game, the dealer deals a card face up and the next player must guess whether the next card will be red or black. If the player guesses incorrectly, they must take a sip. If the player guesses correctly, the dealer must take a drink. The play continues until the remaining cards are depleted.
For more fun ways to get Drunk and Wavy, find more drinking games here!